• There are different types of stop motion all which when used have different effects.• Each frame, or still picture, is recorded on film or digital media and then played back in rapid succession. When played back at a frame rate greater than 10–12 frames per second, a fairly convincing illusion of continuous motion is achieved, creating an illusion is true of all moving images
• Each object is sculpted in a malleable material usually around a wire skeleton called armature.• As in other forms of object animation, the object is arranged on the set, and the object or character is then moved slightly by hand. Another frame is taken, and the object is moved slightly again. This cycle is repeated until the animator has achieved the desired amount of film.
• extremely laborious. Normal film runs at 24 frames per second• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql4Kkb-8• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn-Ztku1T• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_dcuX38
• a technique for producing animations using flat characters, props and backgrounds cut from materials such as paper, card, stiff fabric or even photographs.• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSPIDbcaQ• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU0NDWBh
• A stop motion technique where live actors are used as a frame-by-frame subject in an animated film, by repeatedly posing while one or more frame is taken and changing pose slightly before the next frame or frames. The actor becomes a kind of living stop motion puppet.
• Silhouette animation is animation in which the characters are only visible as black silhouettes. This is usually accomplished by backlighting articulated cardboard cut- outs, though other methods exist. It is partially inspired by, but for a number of reasons technically distinct from, shadow play.
• Time lapse animation is where a process which would appear subtle to the human eye is captured over a period of time and played faster per frames/s to achieve a sudden motion of activity. Some common subjects of time lapse animation include:• Rotting fruit• The movement of clouds• Plants growing• People moving around the city.