2. •Objectives•Curriculum•Co-curricular activitiesIn Islamic system of education
3. That develops a Muslimintellectually, spiritually andemotionally. One thatbrings him closer to hisCreator and develops himinto a responsible socialbeing.
4. To shape the character of an individual To make the people understand, preach and follow To make a useful member of the society To choose the best way as directed To prepare the people to explore the treasures of Allah.
5. To make the people understand the powers given to them To enable an individual to capture the universe for the benefit of humanity. Acquisition of even more new knowledge in terms of information, facts, skills, understanding and insights. Improvement towards the making of a useful member of the society and the Islamic community (ummah).
6. The textbook is NOT the curriculum!It is the entire body of knowledgeIt is based on what we think should be taught, therefore it is based on our valuesIt provides us the way to achieve our destination
8. To put all Islamic knowledge/thinkinginto one Islamic Studies class, whilethe remainder of the curriculumremains secular.More traditional and for the timebeing, more practical.
9. To rewrite the curriculum of every subject so that Islamic knowledge/thinking is integrated into every subject.An ideal approach, which will take years to become practical.
10. It prepares individual for every aspect of life It should be continuous and never ending process of education It should meet the spiritual as well as material needs of the individual It develops morality based on Islamic faith It raises spiritual level of the individual It emphasizes the value and sincerity of the individual It creates in mind and souls the foundation of permanent happiness
11. Should match the age capacity and attitude of the student.Should have the balance between all subjects.Each and every subject should be taught establishing the link with other branches of knowledgeThe base of Islamic education should be divine like Quran and Sunnah
12. Co-curricular activities are voluntary, are not part of the regular school curriculum. These are also known as Extracurricular Activities
13. These activities play a vital role in character building of a personCo curricular activities in Islam may include Naat khawani, Qiraa’t competition, Dramas based on Islamic history, Debates on Islamic issues, essay writing competition on Islamic topics.