5. TUMORS OF LYMPH NODES1- Primary tumors Lymphoma: Malignancy of lymphocytes. (within lymph nodes or extranodal tissues) , including:a. Hodgkin’s lymphoma (HL), with important clinical & histological distinctionb. Non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHLs), comprising all forms besides HL Leukemias: usually exhibit widespread involvement of bone marrow, accompanied by large numbers of circulating tumor cells2- Secondary tumors or metastasis: More frequent than the primary group and occur in the L.N.s draining cancer. The nodes become enlarged, firm and fixed. The cut surface is grayish-white
6. Burkitt‘s Lymphoma
7. Lymphoma, Lymph node
8. Splenomegaly Spleen
9. (Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma (NHLMalignant neoplasms characterized by proliferation of the cells originating fromlymphoid tissue (lymphocytes, histiocytes and their precursors andderivatives) .Classification of NHL- Based on the clinical behaviour and prognosis:1- Low-grade NHL: Small lymphocytic * Follicular small cell2- Intermediate-grade NHL: Follicular large cell * Diffuse small cell3- High-grade NHL: Immunoblastic * Lymphoblastic * Burkitt’s lymphoma4- Miscellaneous: Histiocytic lymphoma, Mycosis fungoides ..etc.
10. Follicular lymphoma 1- Section of lymph node. 2- Complete loss of normal lymph node architecture and Effaced by follicles formed of monotonous malignant lymphocytes with deeply staining pleomorphic hyperchromatic nuclei and thin rim of cytoplasm.
11. Follicular lymphoma
12. Follicular lymphoma
13. Follicular lymphoma
14. Diffuse Non Hodgkin’s lymphoma 1- Section of lymph node. 2- Complete loss of normal lymph node architecture and Effaced by diffuse monotonous malignant lymphocytes with deeply staining pleomorphic hyperchromatic nuclei and thin rim of cytoplasm.
15. Diffuse NHL
16. Diffuse NHL
17. Diffuse NHL
18. Diffuse NHL
20. Metastasis of lymph node 1- Section of lymph node. 2- Lymph node tissue is partially or totally replaced by masses or sheets or irregular glandular structures, of pleomorphic hyperchromatic malignant cells separated by fibrous tissue stroma
21. R espect for self,Respect for others and Responsibility for all .your actions